Hydrogen sulfide (H2S) is a flammable acidic toxic gas, colorless, with a smell of rotten eggs at low concentrations and highly toxic.
Hydrogen sulfide is soluble in water and easily soluble in alcohols, petroleum solvents and crude oil. Hydrogen sulfide is a flammable and dangerous chemical. It can form an explosive mixture when mixed with air. It can cause a combustion explosion when exposed to fire or high heat.
Hydrogen sulfide is commonly used in the manufacture of phosphors, electro-luminescence, photoconductors, photoelectric exposure meters, infrared window materials, etc.